Kali Linux is a Debian-derived Linux distribution designed for digital forensics and penetration testing. it is an open source project that is maintained and funded by Offensive Security Ltd, a provider of world-class information security training and penetration testing services. It was developed by Mati Aharoni and Devon Kearns of Offensive Security through the rewrite of BackTrack, their previous forensics Linux distribution. Kali Linux is preinstalled with numerous penetration-testing programs, including nmap (a port scanner), Wireshark (a packet analyzer), John the Ripper (a password cracker), and Aircrack-ng (a software suite for penetration-testing wireless LANs). It is a supported platform of the Metasploit Project’s Metasploit Framework, a tool for developing and executing security exploits.
Special Features Available in Kali Linux:
- Kali Linux ISO of doom, the perfect hardware backdoor.
- Customizing and bending Kali Linux to your will using Kali Linux live build recipes.
- Mastering Kali Linux tool sets with Kali Metapackages.
- Kali Linux in the cloud – Kali Amazon EC2 images available.
- Kali Linux LUKS Full Disk Encryption (FDE).
- Nuking your Kali Linux hard disk with the Kali LUKS nuke option.
- Kali Linux running on Android through Linux Deploy.
- Kali Linux accessibility features, adding support for blind and visually impaired users.
- Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi and a bunch of other interesting ARM devices.
- Kali Linux Live USB persistence with LUKS encryption.
- Kali Linux Evil Wireless Access Point recipe.
- Kali Linux EFI Boot Support.