Lubuntu 14.04 images released for VMware & VirtualBox (32bit)Umair
Lubuntu is a lightweight Linux operating system based on Ubuntu but using the LXDE desktop environment in place of Ubuntu’s Unity shell and GNOME desktop. LXDE is touted as being “lighter, less resource hungry and more energy-efficient”.
Like Xubuntu, Lubuntu is intended to be a low-system-requirement, low-RAM environment for netbooks, mobile devices, and older PCs. Tests show it can use half as much RAM as Xubuntu, making it an attractive choice for installing on older hardware being refurbished for charitable distribution.
- Based on the lightweight LXDE desktop environment.
- Pcmanfm, a fast and lightweight files manager using gio/gvfs.
- Openbox, the fast and extensible, default windows-manager of LXDE.
- Lightdm, using the simple GTK greeter
- Firefox, the famous web browser.
- … and, of course, based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
We install Lubuntu 14.04 in VMware & VirtualBox, so you guys can get it. You can download VDI image for VirtualBox & VMDK image for VMware from here.